About Nda Exam
NDA is one of the most sought after defence entrance exams in the country. NDA recruitment is conducted for admission to Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). NDA is conducted twice a year. The exam is conducted two stages – written exam and SSB Interview. Around 4 lakh aspirants sit for NDA every year, out of which approximately 6000 are called for SSB Interview. NDA (II) 2019 exam was conducted on November 17, 2019. A total of 415 vacancies have announced.
Buy Books Now
NDA 2022 Exam Dates
||Dates 2022 (Announced)
|Release of Notification
||22nd December 2021
||18th May 2022
|Availability of Application Form
||22nd December 2021
||18th May 2022
|Last date to apply
||11th January 2022
||14th June 2022
|Last date to pay fee by cash
|Withdraw of application
||18th – 24th January 2022
|Availability of Admit card
||4th week of March 2022
|NDA 2022 Exam
||10th April 2022
||4th September 2022
|Declaration of Result
||July to September 2022
NDA 2022 Application Form
- The application form has been released on 22nd December 2021 for 1st session and on 18th May 2022 for 2nd session.
- Candidates can apply for both sessions through online mode.
- The board will also provide the facility for withdraw of application within a certain period of time.
- Candidates can withdraw their application from 18th to 24th January 2022.
- Students are advised to fill the application carefully as no modification in the application will be allowed after submission of form.
- Last date to fill application form will be till 11th January 2022 for 1st session and till 14th June 2022 for 2nd session.
- There are two parts in registration process – Part I & Part II.
- In Part I, candidates have to fill basic & other details in registration form.
- In Part II, candidates have to upload their scanned photograph and signature, make choice of exam centre and make payment of pplication fee.
- After completion of application process, candidates are advised to print the application form and keep it safely for any future reference.
- For all category candidates, the application fee is Rs.100/-.
- Application fee is exempted for ST/ SC/ NCOs/ Sons of JCOs/ ORS category candidates.
- Mode of Fee Payment: Application fee can be submitted through debit card/ credit card/ net banking method or SBI challan method.
NDA 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Applying candidate must be In4ian citizen/ subject of Nepal/ subject of Bhutan/ refugee of Tibetan who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle permanently in India.
- Candidates who have migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and east African countries of Zambia, Tanzania, Zaire, Ethiopia, Malawi, Uganda or Vietnam with an intention of settlement in India are also eligible.
- Candidates who are foreign nationals (except Gorkhas) will be required to produce certificate of eligibility which is issued by Govt. of India.
Gender, Age & Marital Status:
- Male & female both candidates are eligible to apply for NDA.
- Candidates will not be allowed to marry until they complete their training period.
- Applying candidate age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years. For NDA I, the candidate must be born between 2nd July 2003 to 1st July 2006. For NDA II, the candidate must be born between 2nd January 2004 to 1st January 2007.
- For Air Force & Naval Wings (Cadet entry scheme): Candidates must have passed 10th and 12th level with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- For Army Wing: Candidates must have passed 10th and 12thlevel from a recognised board or university.
- Appearing: Students appearing for 12th level are also eligible to apply.
- Applying candidates must be physically fit as per the physical standards set by the commission of NDA admissions.
- Candidates who have withdrawn or resigned from any training academies of Armed forces on disciplinary grounds are not eligible.
NDA 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The paper will be held in offline (pen and paper) mode.
- Number of Sections: In the paper, there will be two sections – Mathematics & General Ability.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will be given 5 hours to complete the paper (2 hours 30 minutes each for Mathematics and GA section).
- Questions type: There will be objective type of questions in the paper.
- Paper Language: The paper will be bilingual – in English as well Hindi language.
- Marking pattern: For each wrong answer, 33% of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted.
Check the distribution of time duration and marks in the below given table:
||2 hours 30 minutes
|General Ability test
||2 hours 30 minutes
NDA 2022 Preparation Tips
- Students must first go through complete details provided for NDA online.
- Know the syllabus and exam pattern of NDA.
- Prepare a study routine and follow it daily.
- Take mock tests online or offline to analyse your exam preparation.
- Download sample papers or previous year question papers and solve them for good practice.
- Study for the exam from good study material available online or offline recommended by the experts.
NDA 2022 Syllabus
Paper I (Code No – 01) – Mathematics:
Matrices & Determinants, Analytical Geometry of two and three Dimensions, Integral calculus and Differential Equations, Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics and Probability, Differential Calculus, Vector Algebra, etc.
Paper II (Code No – 02) – English & General knowledge:
There will be two parts in Paper II:
Part A: English:
The question paper of English will be designed for testing the students understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension and usage and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part B: General Knowledge:
The paper of General Knowledge in NDA will cover various topics from the subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Social Studies, General Science, and Geography & Current Events.